Thursday, November 14, 2019

Laduree - Madison

When Laduree first opened in New York, it was a destination for me.
 Line would go outside the door, everyone lining up to get some yummy macarons.
Now, it has become a neighborhood cafe that the locals come by to grab a croissant or a coffee to go.
 Don't worry, they still have their awesome macarons. 
 Besides macarons, they also have sandwiches, salads, and of course delicious baked goods.
 Fast forward a few years now, they now serve breakfast.
 What they had done was to take out the display case and storage on the side and put in booths.  There were about 5 small tables here.  Two at the salon and a few outside, perfect for nice weather.
So for $17, you get the breakfast set.  It comes with a coffee or tea (you can choose a wide array of them), orange juice, and a mini 'basket' of viennoiserie with honey and jam.  Except you see here, is 3 croissants, which is the Rose Croissant, Pain du Chocolate, and Plain croissant. 

I will say, this is my worst experience, I've ever had at Laduree.  I've always have had great food and great experience here.  I think now that they have a Soho location, seems like they put the attention all there.  The good servers, staff and food, even are there.  The reason for me for saying that is because the server didn't really want to seat me for breakfast, even though there was one person already eating and one table had already left.  She basically said out loud to sit at one space because she doesn't want to clean the other table.  I'm thinking, maybe I heard wrong.  It then took another 10 minutes before I can place my order or get my coffee.  I was sorely disappointed and tried to pay my bill as soon as my food got there, so I don't have to be there any longer.  The croissants were not fresh, and you can tell the croissant wasn't anything to write home about.  Overall, I'm sad that my favorite has subpar service and so-so food.  I think either I'll try to not go when they first open, or go back to the Soho location.

Laduree - Madison
864 Madison Ave (at 71st)
New York NY 10021
646-558-3157
https://www.laduree.us
Changing topic.... I was able to enjoy being a tourist and ran down to Hudson Yard to see the Vessel.  I had heard about the Vessel by chance, and it is amazing and the ticket to the architecture wonder and tour is free.  

All you have to do is to go to the Hudson Yard website and they will take you to the tickets to the Vessels, and you can present it on your phone at your assigned time.  If you didn't get it before hand, you can sign up when you get there, they do have kiosk for tickets.  But it may not be of the time you want, so plan ahead.

Hudson Yards
Between 10-12th from W.30-34th
If you take the 7 train and go till it dead ends, the place is right outside of the station
https://www.hudsonyardsnewyork.com


No comments: