Monday, September 7, 2020

Miso Sweets - Mochi Donuts

So been seeing these posts on my Instagram feed.
Then a mom friend posted in her FB feed, and the delivery spot will be inside the loop.  I'm all down for that!
They're so darn adorable.
Here are their flavors for the day... 
Comes with an adorable saying - but let's get to my donuts!
I got a dozen.  Had I seen their post about taking pre-order, I would've done that and go pick up whenever.  But since I didn't see the post until late, I had to get there early to pick up a la carte.  In some ways, that worked out, because I can pick and choose and can also do smaller sizes instead of by the dozen.

Here I got: Vietnamese Coffee, Chocolate, and S'more

The Vietnamese Coffee, does have a strong coffee taste and also ends with a sweet after taste like a Cafe Su Da would.  I'm telling you, the flavor nodes were bright enough that it feels like you took a sip from a real cup of Vietnamese Coffee.  The Chocolate is good, it fills with chocolatey goodness.  The S'more, they must've used marshmallow fluff as the topping.  You do taste the chocolate, marshmallow togetherness.  Oh by the way, the S'more is their newest flavor.

Here we have: Taro, Pandan, and Mango.  The Taro is a great intro to Mochi Donuts.  It's mild in flavor and showcase the texture.  The Pandan is legit pandan and coconut combo.  The Mango is outstanding on flavor too, fresh and delicious.

So my impression on these Mochi donuts is that it's chewy and sticky.  Well, duh!  It's made with rice flavor and very much like the Japanese Daifuku or Chinese Lo Mai Chi.  They do tell you that you do need to enjoy them soon... and they were not lying.  By the second day, the donuts started to get stiff.  I guess, that make sense as the lady said, you wouldn't want several days old (regular) donut, same with these guys.

Miso Sweets
https://www.facebook.com/MisoSweetshtx/
https://www.instagram.com/misosweets/

 

No comments: