Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Roostar Vietnamese Grill

When I went to pick up the Miso Sweets, it was at Roostar.  Figured, might as well pick up dinner while I'm there.

It's been a while since I had Bahn Mi, sure why not?!
Off hand, I ordered the Grilled Pork Bahn Mi.  

Then, I ordered a Pate Bahn Mi.  I grew up eating pate, so was curious how they would make a sandwich out of it.


To my surprised, they give you tons of meat, and they're nicely marinated and super tasty.  You can also taste the quality of meat, they didn't skim on that.

For the Pate one, I was surprised on that one too.  First of, I took off the usual, cilantro, carrots and what nots; then added fried tofu in there.  That was serendipitous because the pate would've been strong, which is fine, but having the fried tofu slices balances out the flavors and the texture helped made the sandwich.  Overall, it was a pleasant surprise.  

I'll definitely go back to check out their other dishes, like the Sous Vide Pork Belly Bahn Mi, their Boxes (which is protein + veggie/carb, sauce), their Bulgogi Fries (or variations thereof), or their wings.  Hmm, wings.

Roostar Vietnamese Grill
5551 Richmond Ave
Houston, TX 77056
832-767-3319
https://www.myroostar.com

 

No comments: