Monday, September 14, 2020

Wing Kee

We used Chowbus app again.  This time, we ordered from Wing Kee.  It has been a long time, and they're out of our normal route, so it's nice to order delivery that way.
We have here, Salted Fish with Diced Chicken with stir-fried vermicelli.  This is unusual because we usually see them with fried rice, or flat rice noodle.  You don't usually see them with vermicelli.  That said, I can hardly taste the salted fish, definitely see and tasted the chicken.

Garlic stir fried snow pea.  I guess it's kinda out of season, it's really a winter vegetable.  There were some leaves that were more tired looking that the others.  Luckily, the taste saved it.

Braised pork with Preserved Vegetables.  The pork here is pork belly, so you see decent amount of fat on the slices... yum!  I grew up eating this... not so much for the meat which I did not come to appreciate until I'm a grown up.  But the preserved veggies plus the sauce.  It goes very well with just a bowl of rice, which is typical for Asian families to give you.  So I would be content eating the sauce and rice with the little veggie that accompanies it.  It's more nostalgic more than anything.  The taste on this dish is not bad. Amazingly as a delivery dish, it travelled well.  Keep in mind, it is braised pork, so it's super fatty.  So for second day re-heating, the sauce congealed and does take a bit of heating back up.

This time using the app was interesting.  The restaurant forgot one of my 2 drinks.  I used the Help function on the app.  The rep quickly reached out to the restaurant to confirm.  Very quickly, they were able to confirm, offer me either a credit on the app or refund back to my form of payment within 5 minutes time.  That's impressive because as I ended the conversation on the app, the credit already appeared.   So I appreciated that kind of customer service.

Another funny fact, the delivery driver was driving a car that is way nicer than mine, I thought that was interesting too...  To bearing to the app or the restaurant, just interesting side note.

Wing Kee
6938 Wilcrest Dr
Houston, TX 77072
281-741-7118  



 

No comments: