Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Siu Lap City

Been meaning to try this place out.
Now that I'm going to move out of downtown, figured I'd better take advantage since it's on the way home.

Look at the glorious Chinese BBQ meat!

I was going to order Char Siu but accidentally got BBQ Pork Ribs instead.  I will say, surprisingly, the meat is pretty lean.  The color does look very good though.  Given this is ribs, the meat are pretty generous.  It's over a bed of white rice, you can choose fried rice.  It comes with veggie, and loads of meat.  If you want another meat, you have a nominal charge.  

Then, I got the Soy Sauce chicken. They do give you lots, and it's not as salty as I had expected.  

So they don't have a very complicated menu.  For lunch, you can choose small or large size, it comes with meat of your choice, type of carbs you want, and veggie.  You can also buy the meat by itself and it can ego by pound.  If you're looking for roasted pig or Peking duck, you can order ahead.  They do accept credit cards but it has a $20 minimum.  I happened to be right around there and they let me slide, so keep that in mind.

Siu Lap City
2808 Milam St
Houston, TX 77006
https://www.siulapcity.com







 

No comments: