Monday, April 19, 2021

Epicure Cafe

Wow, haven't been to Epicure Cafe for a long long time.
I stopped by the former River Oaks Theater, just to take a few good-bye shots.  And then remembered that Epicure is right next door.  Back in the day, we would go to Epicure for dinner then hop over to catch a movie. Or go there for a brunch.

One of my favorite cookies are the checkerboard cookies.  You don't see this at regular bakeries easily.  Most of their cookies and cakes are not your typical bakery stuff, which makes them unique.

The checkerboard cookie has a bit of cinnamon taste to it.  

Got an eclair for my afternoon pick me up.  It's sweeter than I remembered.  Definitely creamier than regular eclairs, which only has it in the center.  But still yummy nonetheless.

Not pictured: I must pick up the Strawberry Lemonade.  I will say that is a crap shoot sometimes, because sometimes the fruit a nice and ripe and some times it can get sour.  But today's was delicious.  So, it's great after walking around.

Epicure Cafe
2005 W. Gray
Houston, Tx 77019
713-520-6174
https://epicure-cafe.com/

 

No comments: