Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Side Dough

I don't usually see the Side Dough bus open during the weekday.
I love how cheeky their staff are, they were the one to suggest doing this pose.

If you don't know what Side Dough is, it is another concept from the food folks at Woodshed & Love Burger Shack.

This is a quick stop to the beer and wine and some nosh.  They do have little containers of protein box, and chicken salad and what nots.  This is a good way to grab a drink, enjoy the space instead of having to go to the kitchen.  The offering is limited, but if you need a quick fix, this will do.

What did I get?  I got a cup of coffee.  As much as I love the staff there, coffee is not their strong suit, alcohol is really their jam; especially when you have Slowpokes right across the way.   I think the bus concept has potential, especially when you offer muffin and donuts.  But I think they need to step up on their coffee game if they're going to do morning offerings.  That said, I get that you wouldn't want a $5000 espresso machine in a bus that can get vandalize out in the open, in the middle of the night.  BUT! I also didn't care of a Kuerig espresso even if the staff took the care to froth up some good foam for my latte.

There are room for improvement, but not sure if they will open the bus on more hours than the weekends, which was what they have been doing thus far.  The day I went happened to be a fluke the they open.  I do look forward to more fun concepts coming from this group.

Side Dough
3728 WAKEFOREST AVE
Houston, TX 77098
https://sidedoughhouston.com


 

No comments: