Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Slowpokes

Been curious about this shop when we go to the Levy Park.
And it's really a nice hang out.

Half bar and half coffee shop.  It's decor is kitchy and fun. 

Some unusual latte flavors.

First trip, I got a Purple Rain, which is an ube latte with oat milk.  What happens with oat milk is that it enhance the nutty-ness of the ube.  I won't say it taste ground, but it's definitely nutty from a latte.  Of course, it's just cool to drink something purple.

By the way, the sign says I'm a Slowpoke.  But anyway, this round I got the Honey Rose flavor.  They really do pour honey mix with rose syrup before putting the espresso shot on top to melt, mix, and blend all the flavors together.  I again asked for oat milk and have it a shake, and there you have it.

I like the place, it's casual, hip, and the staff are friendly.  I asked for a recommendation, they are more than happy to show off what they have to offer.  They also serve food here, maybe we'll try it here one day, which requires better planning on my part.  In terms of parking, depends on when you go.  If you go on a weekday, even though Houston has re-opened its parks, parking is not too horrible.  But on the weekend, you'll have to plan accordingly.  Of course, parking at the garage is always an option.

Slowpokes
Facing Levy Park
2925 Richmond Ave
#120
Houston, TX 77098
346-406-3985
https://www.imaslowpoke.com

 

No comments: