Friday, August 5, 2011

Gingerbread mac


Yep, it's my obligatory mac post... I think I should just designate Fridays to be macaron days... we'll see.

Anyway, went to Revival Market since David has never been. Found out that the 'Sugar Hooker', Rebecca Masson deliver her yummy flutternutters there. More importantly, she also has gingerbread macaron there for sale too. (psst, she's going to be on Top Chef Just Dessert on the upcoming season too!) Let's get down to business. It's dark like gingerbread we all know and love. You can tell it's different from the nut based macarons. There's a little spice to it, but it's very faint that you can hardly tell it's there.

The filling is a very buttercream-like creamy and like and neutral flavor. I can't tell you what it is, but I wanted more. You can get them at Revival Market for $2.50 each. I think there's another flavor but didn't catch what it was since they were sold out when I was there. Go check them out.

Revival Market
550 Heights Blvd,
Corner of Heights Blvd & White Oak
Houston, TX
713-880-8463
http://revivalmarket.com/

OR order directly from Fluff Bake Bar
832-374-8340
http://www.fluffbakebar.com



No comments: