Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Oh My Gogi!

For a while, I heard about how great Oh My Gogi! was. Yet, I was never able to catch them. Then come the great opportunity in May, with the Haute Mess 2011. I was lucky that it was the beginning of summer, let me tell you, I got enough Vitamin D just waiting for OMG to get ready, since they were running 3o mins behind that day.
Ever since my exposure in May, I've been craving their kimchi quesadillas. I've followed them on Twitter, I stalked them on FB. FINALLY! They were setting up shop for lunch and early dinner. In case you don't know, they usually set up shop over at 5555 Morningside in Rice Village, from 9p till 3a. That's way past my dinner time.

Last week, they started to setting up at Marquis II on Bissonnet at 6pm. Imagine my joy when I found out it's during my dinner time. I know, I eat like the blue-hairs. But! I can get my frills! But I think this is their new joint on Wednesday (check their FB and Twitter to make sure).
This time, I talked my mom into venturing this new thing too. We ordered one of everything on the menu. These guys keep it simple, chicken, pork, beef. You add some kimchi, some Sriracha and homemade salsa of theirs, and you're golden! Good thing we got there just as they were getting started, since after we ordered, there were groups of 3s and 4s started to show up for dinner.

All of their meat were nicely done. My mom loved their beef, I liked the pork, and the chicken isn't too shabby either. No complaint on their meat. As though you can add some kimchi and Sriracha and you're good to go.
We heard alot of buzz about their OMG frieds, and was curious enough to try it. Let me tell you, if you're a fan of the chili fries, you should give this a try. They do powder spices onto the fries. That is not cheese that you see on there, it's their homemade sauce plus Sriracha and meat. If you eat this alone, this should be the only meal you get. Since we were just picking at it, and no we did not finish it on top of the taco and the quesadillas. It's a good taste test.

Go cyber stalk them, they post their hours and location even though their site is somewhat outdated.

OhMyGogi!
Email: OMGKoreanBBQ@gmail.com
Website: OhMyGogi.com
Twitter: Twitter.com/OhMyGogi
Facebook: Facebook.com/OhMyGogi

No comments: