Thursday, August 25, 2011

Frank's Chop House - small bites

There are days that David wanted a big o' steak and all I can fit is a salad. Maybe that needed to happen more often. Last time, I had a full-full meal. This time is just a light fare for me.

I order their French Onion soup, which apparently doesn't come around often, but amongst the favorite with regulars. It' a tad sweet, which I didn't expect from a normal French Onion soup palette. While you do get your layer of cheese on top, you get your bread right underneath it. So you know, it' nice and soaked with the soup flavor. I just like my French Onion super cheesy, yum!

For the salad, I ordered the Arugula Salad, which came with little bit of the sweet potato, toasted walnuts, dried fruit, and dressing. Oh the dressing... too cool. I didn't see what type of dressing it is, but once I found out that it's bacon dressing, I just fell in love with it. It was not heavy, buttery, or full of fat. You can tell a very small hit of bacon and it served as the 'meat' portion of your salad. At this point, if they put a piece of meat on top, I'm not going to protest, trust me.

Frank's Chop House
3736 Westheimer
Houston, TX 77027
713-572-8600
http://frankschophouse.com/map.htm

No comments: