Friday, August 26, 2011

Swirl Macarons

Hello! Macaron Friday is back!!!! Today, I'm showing off (sort of), my psuedo-success on swirl macs!
I came across this post on Macaron Fetish. Can I tell you how much I love this lady. She's freggin' awesome and ingenius, and definitely generous to show her tricks to the world. She found a way to make swirl colored macs. Basically, you separate your macaronage batter and color accordingly. Then, in your piping bag, you layer one spoon of color A with one spoon of color B, and A,B,A,B and so on.
Granted, in my case, color A (pink) seems to be dominated. I think I had 2 scoop of Pink in tehre more than green. But the hint of green in the swirl was kinda cool too. The other thing I need to mention is that the pink batter is filled with a normal batch of almond meal, while the green batch is filled with pistachio meal. Both baked fine and came out wonderfully. Talk about the two being harmonious. I just love them!

Oh the filling, I used the left over dark chocolate rose ganache to balance out the nutty taste. Go try it!

1 comment:

Kim said...

thank you so much for the shout out to my blog :)