Friday, August 19, 2011

Random desserts

Sometimes at the office, you get random occasion that brings in desserts. If you work in an office full of sugar junkies, you'd know. While the cream puff didn't come from any occasion, I was picking up pie from House of Pies for a work party, figured I'd honor my friend Gloria by enjoying a cream puff.

As you can see, it's super big that I had to cut in 4s. It's filled with custard cream, the top layer of chocolate is the real deal. Not even sure if powdered sugar is needed, but sure enticing.
The other one is that the building had a cupcake day, and they ordered cupcakes from What's Up Cupcake. We were surprised that they got away with that name because of a book by the same name, which obviously was teaching you to make cupcakes.

The story of them was that they have a 50s airstream trailer that they sell cupcakes out of. They used to park over on Shepherd and 14th in the Heights, but since they switched owners they're less visible. But obviously you can special order.

What I missed was that the previous owner has an awesome cookies n' cream cupcake and they can special order cola fudge cupcakes... I miss those. *sigh*

No comments: