Monday, July 30, 2012

Hospital Food

Had to do a surgery so into the hospital I went.  Of course, if you've ever had a surgery you know that before hand they make you not eat or drink anything.  Mine, I actually have to empty out everything, so by the time I can eat, I was given popsicle, soup, and tea.  I think there were grits in there but didn't even bother trying that.  Only in hospital that allows you to have popsicle for breakfast and called it bland food.
When I could have a solid food, I was happy to try anything.  For breakfast, you got a pretty normal breakfast, eggs, sausage, and pancakes.  It also came with applesauce.  It wasn't as bad as people think hospital food to be.
For lunch, I had beef stew and rice with green beans.  It is not what I expected for hospital food.  I was expecting for something worst, like a puddle of something that is in edible.  Ironically, the famous jello was not any good at all.  I had to have David bring in contraband jello, yes, he had to bring jello from home, which was 100 times better than the one hospitals are famous for, go figure.

No comments: