Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Plonk Bistro

My friend Julia had suggested to go to Plonk Bistro for a girls dinner.  I am all for it, as long as they got good food and good wine.  All we needed was good company.
It's funny, when I got in, they were telling me that they're super casual, aside from waiting to be seated; you walk up to the bar to order and wait for your wine.  They didn't expect the popularity after a few write-ups from local blogs and paper.  So, don't expect to be waited on.  They will deliver your food to you if you ordered any, in my case, we did.
I ordered the Pacific Northwest meat, which has alasace, salami, and olive.
The other plate, which I forgot to take a picture before diving in, was the Sottocenere Tartufo, which has cheese made of milk with black truffle and orange blossom honey, that was like crack, totally addictive.
For my entree, I had duck with roasted bok choy.  It was interesting mix, but the duck was drier than I like.  The mixed with bok choy was a nice mix.  It wasn't too gamey or over empowering.  Just dried.

I know they're known for their hangar steaks and thin crust pizza, which I didn't get to try either.  I'm still trying to take in the environment, where this nice little bistro is in the middle of 43rd Street in the Heights.  It is hidden in the end of the shopping strip, so keep your eyes peeled.

Plonk Bistro
1214 West 43rd Street
Houston, Texas 77018
Phone: 713-290-1070
http://plonkbistro.com/menus.html


No comments: