Wednesday, February 20, 2013

51fifteen

I actually work really close to 51Fifteen, but since I last review it was back in October, I'd figured it's time to share some pics and talk about their food again.
I have to say that they were not very friendly to people who observe Lent, my co-worker was only able to choose the Smoked Salmon Omelet or Shrimp Penne Pasta, so he got pasta.  Looks like they were pretty generous with the shrimp, I tasted the sauce, it's pretty good.  Too bad I don't do shrimp or pasta. Maybe another time.
I ordered the braised brisket sandwich, I just ate it without bread.  That was a little disappointed because you can tell they froze the brisket and didn't defrost it very well.  I say that because part of the brisket were hard and dried and just different texture than the other parts of the brisket.  But the fries were good.  

Again, I go straight to the bar for the Associate menu and price, and you're welcome to check w/ the bartender if there's any special that day.  Otherwise, the laminated menu does have tons to choose from.  Again, it's $10 (tax included) plus $1.85 tip.  Drink is included.  I saw neighbor asked for bread basket, and that you do have to ask for but doesn't cost more.

51Fifteen
Insides Saks Fifth Ave
5115 Westheimer Rd.
Houston, TX
713-963-8067
www.51fifteen.com

No comments: