Thursday, May 29, 2014

Bite Macaron - Mother's Day Tea Recap

This is another Mother's Day delayed post... I had gone to Bite Macaron's  for Mother's Day tea.

Their menu was basically you get 2 course for $15 or 3 for $20.  Since we were splitting so we won't get sugar overload, 3 was fine.
This is the set up... tea plus macarons...
A closer look: we have Pistachio & Passionfruit paired with their Detox Tea.  At first, that was surprising, but the flavor does balance each other out.  So you're not overwhelmed by the citrus taste in the passionfruit.
Here's the 2nd course: the tea was St. Petersburg Tea.  Since I'm not a tea expert, I can't tell you what I taste.  I just can tell you that it's thicker in texture to match the macarons, which accomplish yet another balance.
Here's my attempt to be artistic on the shot... On this plate, there are Salted Caramel on top, and Chocolate.  Which, it makes sense to have a 'heavier' texture tea to mellow out the caramel and chocolate.  I think the would've been perfect for a cold winter day to warm you up with the macs.
Last but not least, we have Raspberry mac with Rose mac paired with Rose Green tea.  It was served cold, and personally, I like the bitterness of green tea but since this is infused with rose, it's not so strong.  The theme just nice, but I liked the tea so much I drank it all.  I'm also a fan of the Rose mac which is not too over-empowering on the rose flavor, so it's a nice mix.

It's nice of Bite to have special events for Mother's Day and such.  I hope they do more of these pairings.  Look out too!  I know they are rolling out bacon macarons!!!!

Bite Macarons
5172 B Buffalo Speedway
Houston, TX 77005
714-664-2483
http://www.bitemacarons.com/

No comments: