Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Cafe Kubo's

Cold days makes me crave for soup and ramen... since there were a long line down at Tiger Den, we went to Kubo's Cafe.  Not that they're the second fiddle, just that I know that I'll get decent soups there too.
Tonkotsu~ oishii!!!!  The soup was nice and thick, and when it hits your tummy, it delivers warmth.  Talk about hitting the spot!  The egg is the perfect 60 degrees - soft boiled egg.  The pork is nice and fatty.  I wouldn't have minded if there's more fat.  The soup is nice and thick, the noodles are Sun Noodle, but nice and complimentary.  All I have to say is delish!  
Ended up splitting this roll with my mom.  It's the scallop tuna roll.  The scallop is chopped inside and tuna on top.  They drizzled the eel sauce on the outside.  It was nice without a lot of sauce.  I know it's a bit expensive, but it's worth the try.

Reminder, Ramen is only served in the evening and weekends.  So, make sure you go when they serve.  Roll they have all day long.  Should you miss their ramen, their bento is good and generous too.

Cafe Kubo's
9889 Bellaire Blvd
Houston, TX
713-995-4200
http://www.cafekubos.com/
https://www.facebook.com/CafeKubosSushi

No comments: