Monday, December 8, 2014

Grotto

Was meeting a friend for lunch over at Grotto.  I've been here for Happy Hours many of times, but this is the first time to have lunch here.  You can sit at the bar area for lunch if you're in a hurry.
This is the Ceasar plus chicken.  Sadly, you can obviously see they added the chicken after the mix.  It's kinda weird because the chicken doesn't have the salad dressing taste to it.  The cheese cracker does taste good though.
This is a lobster bisque.  It's pretty thick in texture and the 2 pieces of lobster you see?  Well, there are just that, 2 pieces of lobster meat.  I still much rather have the Pappadeaux bisque.  It's the right thickness and meat every bite.  Don't get me wrong, it doesn't taste bad or anything, but just lacking something.

I did the lunch special where for $11.95 you get a soup and salad.  They have a choice of Tomato Soup or Lobster Bisque and Ceasar Salad or Grotto Italian Salad.  So when I asked what was in the Grotto Salad, it sounds much like a Mediterranean Salad; which is why I opted for the Ceasar, but  it doesn't come with much, as you can see...  I think the next time I would do the Business Lunch which range from $15 - $17 which comes with a soup or salad with a full size entree.

Grotto Restaurant
4715 Westheimer Rd
Houston, TX 77027
713-622-3663
http://www.grottorestaurants.com/locations/houston.asp

No comments: