Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Hong Kong's Cafe

Go back to my regular haunt.
For an Afternoon Tea set, for $5.60, you get a drink and a few dishes to select from.
I got the red bean drink.  Which is cooked adzuki beans, with coconut milk and shaved ice.  You mix it all up together, it's a beautiful thing, my friend! 
For this visit, I got the curry fish paste ball (aka fish balls) with bok choy noodle.  The noodle is just egg noodles, but the curry sauce is what typically makes the fish paste ball or slices with a kick.  It's nothing spicy because they are along the lines of Japanese curry, that is borderline sweet.  That said, it gave the bowl of noodles the flavor it needed.  And I think the bok choy is in there for good measure.

We've been coming here for so long that the owners knows my family.  This is such a good mom and pop shop as along of the places in Chinatown is, and you really feel like that's your Cheers in a little hole in the wall.  Remember to bring cash!

Hong Kong's Cafe
9108 Bellaire Blvd
Houston, TX
713-772-9633

No comments: