Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Cafe 101 - Dinner

Here's something funny to share, people I know do ask if we go to these places I post. Yes, we're not crazy, we do go to these places. Not all at the same week, some are old pictures that I haven't gotten around to posting, so while we do eat out quite a bit; it's not as out of hand as these posts made us out to be. I do know thru the check-ins on FB, and these posts, many people have asked if we ever cook. Actually, we do. We go to Whole Foods quite a bit, and not from the prepared food sections. David has became quite a cook, and I am really a baker. I won't starve on any given day, there's just going to be a cookie nearby, that's all.

Anyway, back to focusing on this entry: yes, we went back to Cafe 101. Last time, we were there for lunch, I had ordered a dish and it came w/ a bowl of rice. Their dinner dishes comes with more stuff. Obviously, you see my main dish, curry squid rice. Before you go: ew, it's actually pretty dang good. The curry is done in Japanese style, which is much smoother than the English style, and not as edgy or spicy as the original Indian style.

Aside from the bowl of rice already on the dish, they also give you sides. The small dish comes with some pickled vegetables (sometimes kimchi), an eggroll, little bit of diced potatoes. For dessert, they gave you a small dish of taro tapioca. It's a very popular dessert in Asia. My personal favorite, which no one in Houston offers is honeydew flavor tapioca with little ball of fruit inside, served cold! Yum!

The other thing I ordered (not in picture) is the peached flavored green tea. It was served in a cognac glass, and it's a big bowl of peachy goodness.

Cafe 101
9889 Bellaire Blvd
#101Houston, TX 77036
713-272-8828
http://www.cafe101houston.com/

No comments: