Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Hearsay Gastropub

So, one Saturday I was going to take Mom to the new sushi place downtown. We found a parking spot, went thru much trouble to pay the meter, the connection was dial-up speed slow. I just wanted to pay the meter for crying out loud. Anyway, after all that drama found out that the place was mis-advertising. It said on its website as well as the door that they're open at 11am, when in fact they're not open on Saturdays at all.

At the desperation for finding an alternative, we walked around the corner across from Icon. And there's Hearsay Gastropub. Lifesaver that they were open!
I love the space there, it's essentially 3 stories opened up. And you feel all the sky light during the day and all the neat mirrors on the wall otherwise. They're known for their gourmet hot dog. While I ordered the brisket sandwich this time. Let me tell you, it is finger-licking good. The meat was a tad dry, but the sauce more than made up for it. Not to mention that they come with the parmesan fries. I can just sit there and eat that the entire meal.
The other thing I like about this place is their mac and 4 cheese. It's just cheesy and goodness. I would say they can add a little bacon bits into the mix and make it even more yummy, but I digress.

If you ever get a chance to go, they also have a very nice drink menu, their champagne concoction is worth trying. Grab a few friends and try them out. Since during the day there's not alot of downtown dwellers, it's perfect for birthday lunches or girlfriend brunches. They have a space on their upstairs that is very cool and chic.

Hearsay Gastropub
218 Travis Street
Houston, TX 77002
713-225-8079
http://www.hearsayhouston.com/


No comments: