Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Hong Kong's Cafe

Honestly, our friends on FB knows that we go to Hong Kong's Cafe weekly. Sometimes more than just once a week. We've gotten better lately since David is eating more Paleo, but I still go there just for a little bit of home.

I rarely go there for any other meal but breakfast. For breakfast they have a meal deal type thing, $5.95, you get eggs, slice of ham/sausage/spam, noodle soup, and a drink. That's a pretty decent deal for breakfast. They only serve it from 10a thru 11:30a, and on weekend, it's guaranteed to be packed. So set your alarm.

This round, I went there to meet up w/ some friends. We all ordered different things, and it's a little piece of Hong Kong. I had the beef fried noodles. Ironically, different times I order this, I get different results. Some days basically can be oil-ier than other days. Guess that depends on who is cooking on the back.

My interest for going there is really for the drinks. It's hard to find a good Yin Yeung, which is a mix of coffee and milk tea HK style. The other would be cold lemon tea, they have the right portion of the sugar and tea. Oh the other thing would be the red bean with shaved ice, I can't explain what's inside, but it's a good childhood reminiscing thing.

Anyway, it was good bit of taste home that we don't get very often.

Hong Kong's Cafe
*cash only*
9108 Bellaire Blvd
Ste A

Houston, TX 77036
(713) 772-9633

No comments: