Thursday, July 21, 2011

Tiny No.5 - Dinner

When I saw from several website that Tiny's No.5 is opened, I was highly curious. I like Tiny Boxwood's well enough, and was sure that they got the winning formula.

Located in downtown West University, it is truly a hidden gem unless you're in the know. I happened to know because from my visit Tiny's original location, they mentioned that this will be open and soon. But seriously, there are no signs, no pointers, nada. We truly sniffed our way there.
The cool thing about this location is that if you biked or walked it there, they have an electric cart, seat up to 5 plus the driver that will drive you back. Totally eco-friendly.

Ok, here's what I like: food consistency is still up to standard. The pizza I got was awesome, it's strawberry, goat cheese, and prosciutto. The service is still great. The space is great and chic.
Here's what I don't like: the bar is now more open, which allows for people to congregates right behind you if you're eating at the bar. That's annoying when you're enjoying your food at the bar and people started to order things and reach right over you. Also annoying that their conversations is louder than yours because the place is echo-y, you hear everything in surround sound.

The other thing that I'm iffy on is their staff. Granted, they've only opened for 3 weeks, and kinks aren't exactly worked out. I sure hope that they got their bartenders trained on the awesome coffee drinks. Those are pretty standard drinks (lattes, mochas) but when you have to ask me how to make it (and I actually know how), I think that's just odd.

I will definitely try back in a few weeks. And probably will take advantage of the eco-car, they drive within a mile distance. It sure is close to the other location, but if you picked the right time to go, it'll promised to be good. For now, they are only serving dinner from 5-9p, they're supposed to start serving lunch in August, can't wait for that!

Tiny's No.5
3636 Rice Blvd.
Houston, TX 77005

No comments: