Thursday, July 7, 2011

Hungry's

One of my favorite places in the Village, is Hungry's. Mind you, when I first moved here, it was a dinky little walk up place, and it has a patio all the way around. They had those fake astro turf as their carpet. Worn out, and they have lawn chairs and fold out chairs with these wobbly tables.

Fast forward over time, they done up the place, changed up the decor, still has a bar, shaped like the old one where you walk up and place your order. Except now it divde the guests from the kitchen. The place is totally up-marketed and the food grew up too.

It used to be known for gyros and some pastas, now, the menu had expanded to more healthy choices and cater to more taste buds. One item I'm still mad that they took off the menu, is the Mediterranean Salad, it's really nothing more than gyro meat on top of a bed of lettuce, but it's the most full filling salad, I've ever had, and the dressing, ooh the dressing. *drool*

This visit, I ordered my usual Raspberry Lemonade, not as good as the ones at Epicure Cafe, but it is refreshing in a hot summer day. I got the Mediterranean Salmon, I changed the sides to sweet potato and grilled veggies. It sounded mega healthy, I can assured you that it's not. Between the sugar drink and the oil, urm... yeah.

I will say that I find it weird that the special of Sizzling Ginger Honey Salmon is somehow $1 more than the regular Ginger Honey Glazed Salmon. I will say that I don't normally get sick from eating there. I did this time, I'm not sure if it's me or the salmon, and maybe this is a fluke, I did get sick this time. Doesn't necessary deter me from returning.

Hungry's Cafe (2 locations)
2356 Rice Boulevard
Houston, TX 77005
Get Directions
(713) 523-8652
http://hungryscafe.com/

No comments: