Friday, July 1, 2011

Landry's

On Sundays, we are usually around Fondren part of town. So, in a hurry, we decided to grab a quick bite at Landry's Seafood.

I know there's alot of feelings about them. Some people compare them to the evil empire, I just think they are a long links of restaurants. To me, they are no different than Pappas, or Carrabas type chain. I do think it's strange for a chain to buy a Las Vegas hotel and try to play the odds against Steve Wynn, but I digress.

If you're not familiar, every summer, Landry's does a Chef Signature Series where every Tuesday it features one of their chefs in one of their upscale restaurants for a 4-5 course prix fixe menu that is not the usual menu items. There are a set ticket price and seating is limited, but it's worth trying out different off-menu items. Again I digress.

Quick bite at Landry's, I got a lobster bisque and some asparagus on the side. Let's just say the experience was so-so. Since we were in a hurry, we opt-ed to sit at the bar. Now, if you're their Signature Member, you can get reserved seating (and get points for your visit).

Back to the food, the soup was heavier than I'm used to, you can taste the little chunks of the lobster, not as easily identified as the lobster bisque at Pappadeux. But over all it's not bad. The asparagus however, I can't speak much about that. It just looked over steamed, and when you tried to cut it up it's all stringy. I probably won't recommend the side of asparagus to anyone, maybe mixed veggies next time.

Landry's Seafood
8816 Westheimer
Houston, TX 77063
Phone: (713) 975-7873

No comments: