Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Hungry's - Dinner

Ended up having a last minute dinner with a friend. Since she's never been to Hungry's and was looking for a good spot to bring her parents. Thought she should definitely check out this place.

Mind you, back in the olden days, it was a little walk up joint with small seating area, and astroturf as a patio. Now, this place is not only upscale, the patio can be air-conditioned or heated, dependent on the weather outside.
I ordered the Honey Glazed Salmon (first photo), my friend ordered the Poblano Chicken. Sadly, my salmon is once again dried, like last time. The weird part is that the also list the Honey Glazed Salmon on their special, but charge $1 more. When I asked the waiter what's the difference, he said one came with green beans and the other didn't. That's strange.
What else is strange too was when my friend was asking how their carrot cake was. She wanted to know if the carrot cake is dry or not. The waiter was like yep, it's dry. We looked at each other in bewilderment. Don't they usually want to sell the product and not poo-poo on it?

Turns out, he was telling the truth. I ordered the baklava, not only was the phyllo shell not fluffy or crunchy. They had refrigerated it and the dough absorbed the honey, and it became soaky. It was weird.

Not sure if it's a summer thing or what, but I've had much better experience w/ their food before. To say that I'm disappointed is understatement, but hope that they'll do better and soon!

Hungry's
2356 Rice Blvd
Houston, TX
713-523-8652
www.hungryscafe.com

No comments: