Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Kubo's Cafe

For a cold day, I went to another Japanese comfort food.  This time, I went to Kubo's Cafe, which is significantly different than Kubo's in the Village.  
This is definitely more Cafe Express style, you walk up, order, grab a seat and pick up your food type place.  They do have sushi like the original location does.  But this location has more hot dishes and definitely comfort Japanese food.
 So, I got the beef curry rice.  I love Japanese curry as opposed to Thai Curry or Indian Curry.  There's a hint of sweetness to it, that the other curry doesn't have.  What I do miss, however, is that usually Japanese curry has potato in the stew.  I love the potato because they've been cooked for so long and soaked up all the curry that it's tasty in the first bite.  Where are my potatoes?

Like I said, they serve alot of sushi dishes, but they also focus more on hot dishes.  They have ramen (the real ones), curry, udons, fried stuff and bento boxes.  You know what they say, if the Japanese goes there, you know it's good.  When I sat down for lunch, there are alot of Japanese that work near at the Energy Corridor stopped in for lunch, that's definitely a validation.

Kubo's Cafe
9889 Bellaire Blvd
Suite 234
Houston,TX 77036
713.995.4200 
http://www.kubos-sushi.com/kubos_cafe/index.html


No comments: