Tuesday, November 18, 2014

JJ Cafe

On our way to the airport, we went to Monterey Park for some Chinese food.
JJ Cafe is known for Hong Kong style food.  
Hong Kong style macaroni soup with ham, pea and corn.  The soup is pretty good, I must say.
Hong Kong style breakfast, which is pretty close to anybody's breakfast, haha... it's eggs sunny side up, bacon and buttered toast.  The eggs, I must say was undercooked, which was a bit disappointing, but I know they're going for effort.  

I actually ran into a friend who lives here at this place, and he mentioned that this is the best spot in town and he's been coming here since he was in high school.  I honestly don't remember this place when I lived here when I was little but then we were in the south part of town and don't go up to the north side much.  They do have limited parking, and it is packed easily, so go early, snatch a spot underground, and go get a spot.    

JJ Hong Kong Cafe
447 W. Garvey Ave
Ste 1020
Monterey Park, CA 91754
626-280-3833

No comments: