Monday, November 24, 2014

Nippon

When the weather turned cold, I was just thinking about a nice bowl of ramen.
Where do you go for Japanese food, but an authentic place... we go to Nippon.  They got a new menu.
I got an Unagi Handroll, but it's not as pretty as others I've had.
Here's the bowl of tonkotsu ramen.  The noodle is the Sun Noodles that everyone gets, but the soup is not as thick and rich as one would expect from a Pork Ramen.  I will say that the pork is delicious and it goes with the ramen and the dish.  I will say that I hated the ginger on it.  The seaweed, the sprout, and the egg worked well with the pork, but the soup is weak.  It'll do the job because I needed the warmth on a cold day.

Nippon Japanese Restaurant
4464 Montrose Blvd.
Houston, TX 77006
713-523-3939
http://nippon-sushi.com/

No comments: