Thursday, July 16, 2015

North Italia

Went to lunch with my boss, and he was asking if I wanted good or bad Italian... urm, who would want bad Italian?!?!?!
I'm happy to get to try North Italia, heard alot of cool things about that place.  
We shared the calamari.  I had to kept composure, but I sure was eyeing the last piece.  If it's not because that's my boss, I probably would have eaten the entire thing... hey, at least they have some arugula, it's practically a salad.
I ordered the lasagna, it comes in a nice dish, the garlic bread looks and tasted awesome.  There's mushroom, eggplant, spinach, ricotta, mozzarella, tomato sauce and all baked in it's own nice little dish.  The whole thing is very filling, I had barely half and was already full.  Left over wasn't so bad either.  They do have gluten free version of pasta, but not all pasta dishes were available but ask your server.

I was super surprised to see that place is small and there's a huge lunch crowd in the middle of the weekend.  That said, you may have to share a table with strangers if you want to eat and in a time crunch.  However, amid the chaos, the service is top notch.  Our server is constantly checking up on us, refill our drinks and bring us boxes when she saw that I didn't finish my dish.  Didn't even have to ask.

North Italia
1700 Post Oak Blvd
Ste 190
Houston, TX 77056
281-605-4030
http://www.northitaliarestaurant.com/

No comments: