Thursday, July 23, 2015

Niko Niko's

Went to grab a quickie lunch
Luckily right before lunch crowd.  And people don't just come one or two, there seems to be 6 or more every party I've seen came in after me.  Luckily, I was able to secure a table.  

Got my standard Gyro Plate with potato.  Did you know that Houston Chronicle had attempted to do the recipe and shared it with everyone?  My friend tried it before, it's good but not like the real thing.  I love how the potato is nice and soft and just seasoned perfectly.  Of course the meat is yummy and you can put it together with the dolmas.  I love their dolmas, as opposed to Yia Yia Mary's, mostly because Niko Niko's pack them nice and tight and still deliver flavors, versus Yia Yia's is tons of rice but not really serving the purpose.  And never fails, when I take a bite, it falls apart.  

We were just saying that we remembered back in the 90s, this was just a small little bugalow where you walk up and it had no seating.  Then a year or so later, they enclosed the place and added a few more seats, people were lining up out the door.  Then they expanded, bought the land next to it, to add more seats, bathroom (that was nice), and parking.  Till this day, the parking lot still get packed.  Obviously they're doing something right.

Niko Niko's
2520 Montrose Blvd
Houston, TX 77006
713-528-4976
http://www.nikonikos.com/

No comments: