Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Wokker Texas Ranger

My friend Julia was raving about Wokker TX Ranger, it was perfect when I saw that they were at the nearby festival.
I overheard a guy having to explain to his girlfriend how they got that name.  And she has never heard of Chuck Norris, so then he had to go into explaining who that is and why is that name funny and the reference.  It was interesting to overhear that.
Here's their menu...
 Here's the Tamarind Ribs, which it tasted like they have cooked it for a long period of time, or sous vide.  Bottom line, the sauce is awesome, the marinate is great, and the meat is not dry but easily chew off.  I'm talking finger licking good.
 Then we have here, brisket egg rolls.  At first, they told me, they don't have it yet, but when my order was ready, they magically whipped up the egg rolls.  I'll take it.  It was a hit with my mom too.  The meat is nicely snugged inside the roll.
 Brisket loaded curly fries.  It's so bad but sooooo good.  The meats were large chunks of briskets marinated like the tamarind ribs, and they drizzle with the cheese and sesame mayo.  So good... let me tell you, it was very decadent, and let me tell you, I did not eat the rest of the day.

You have to catch them when they're around town.  They are well worth it.  I will say, don't eat before catching them, otherwise, you can't take advantage of the menu!

Woke Texas Ranger
http://www.wokkertxranger.com




No comments: