Thursday, May 12, 2016

Chaste Foods (or drinks)

So we walked by this booth, and they looked interesting.  They have Infused Coconut Water, Fruit infused water, coconut milk, almond milk, all sorts of drinks.
Since my toddler cried thirsty, and you are right in front of all these bottles, the only thing you can do is suck it up and buy whatever it's in front of you.  Well, let me tell you, we got a bottle of Chocolate Milk and a bottle of Infused Coconut Water, that was $9.  At first, the lady told us it'll be $6, not realizing she was only mentioning the milk not including the water.  The water, I saw the sign, and I fully expected it.  But let me tell, you, that was the most expensive milk I've ever purchased.  The second most expensive was Cashew Milk from Blue Print Cleanse, which was averaging about $8 a bottle.  But for an 8-ish oz bottle, for $6, that's a lot!  Luckily, we split and the little one liked it.  Then on the way home, I was a little irritated on the water.  It was infused with Coconut, but not real coconut water.  If you were go to go Whole Foods and buy any one of the coconut water, it wouldn't have been $3.  

So, bottom line, nice concept, and I do want to support non-chain, local business.  But if the pricing is so high, I'm not sure I can stomach that.  Next time, I'll let my toddler sucker me into a toy than an expensive milk.

Chaste Foods
https://www.facebook.com/chastefoods/

No comments: