Thursday, January 28, 2016

Grand Lux Cafe

My friend was craving Grand Lux, so I obliged.  
It has been literally years since I was there.  And that's not me saying that but secretly go there and not post.  I literally just have not been there.  It's not easy to park there, it's always a wait during peak dining hour or not.  Plus, I can get alot similar food at Cheesecake Factory.
One thing you cannot get at Cheesecake Factory, is the Berry Fizz.  I think the drink is underrated.  It has strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blended with Sprite and soda, so it's not overly sweet or zesty.  It's a delicious find that I had when they first open, and this is still good.  However, for $6.50, drink sparingly.
We both ordered Chicken Parmesan.  The presentation left very little to be desired.  Thought they gave us a very generous slice of chicken, it's not unappetizing, just not pretty.  And you know what they say, you eat with your eyes.  It didn't taste bad but not great either.  The pasta didn't have enough sauce, just enough to show the color.  Needless to say, I just poked at mine and didn't eat it.  

Overall, it was disappointing, with the pretty decor and once good service, over time even the food looked tired.  That was just sad.  I can only hope their dessert didn't fall on the standard.  We didn't order any this time, but maybe one of these days I'll come back for the dessert.

Grand Lux Cafe
5000 Westheimer Road
Houston, TX 77056
713-626-1700
http://www.grandluxcafe.com/

No comments: