Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Eight turn crepe

I basically just find any excuse to head out to Katy's Asian Town.  So much food to try, not enough stomach to go around.
I've been eyeing this creperie for a while... well when I go get my puffs at Beard Papa, because they're directly across from each other.
Very cute wall art.  Don't forget to stop for your IG pic.
They have gelato if the crepe dessert is too big for you.
But you're here anyway, why not?!
I got the Azuki Berries.  How cute is the Pokey sticks to go with the dessert!
Looking from the top: you have obviously the crepe as your cone, but it's floppier than a cone.  Azuki (sweet red beans) beans at the bottom, whip yogurt in the middle and the strawberries around.  They have the green tea gelato on top with some almond and a bit of the azuki beans and Pokey sticks.  

To be honest, now that I'm eating less, having this dessert seems like a lot.  This is really good enough to share, though if you want to or not is a whole different story.  Overall, it is really good.  Taste is not super sweet even though all components are sweet-based.  That is way easy-going on the tastebuds than overwhelming sweet desserts.

What I'm surprised about was that they also have savory ones too.  I was eyeing on the salad they have, the lox and the omelet I would like to come back and try (not at the same time).  Anyway, it comes to be $9 per crepe and watch out for the add-ons they are not cheap.  That said, they use rice flour which means this is wheat free for my gluten free friends who can finally enjoy something yummy, that's what you're paying extra for.

The only thing I would say is that the staff are pretty green, I hope that'll change over time.  Otherwise, the food is good enough for me to come back for them.

Eight Turn Crepe
23119 Colonial Pkwy
Suite C-8
Katy, TX 77448
832-913-3461
https://eightturncrepe.com

No comments: