Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Teawish

Occasionally, I crave boba tea, and since there's so many new ones popped up...
you really can't miss one.  It's everywhere you turn.  Found this one and thought it's different, sure, why not give it a try?!
Love the wall art, a bit moody, trying to capture the love and loneliness in the City.  To me, Houston is just not that type of place, less moody if you will.
This is the Mango & Berry Mix Tea.  The consistency is more like a slushy than a tea.  I had thought it was tea-tea.  It may have been blended in there, but it's like an icee.  Which I guess is alright as we head into summer.  I'm kinda bummed though, as I had wanted fruit tea, like tea-tea, not icee-tea.  The taste is fine, nothing outstanding nor lacking.  Thank goodness I didn't add boba in there.

The one thing I will say that's unusual about this place is that they want you to subscribe into a membership in order to get their discount.  That's uncommon... you put down $20 and up front get one free drink with topping.  Then your subsequent visits, you get the members' pricing, which are typically a dollar less than the other listed price.  So, besides your initial drink which are typically $5 or $6, you would have to visit at least 14-15 times to make your membership money back.  There's no obvious perks aside from that, such as a monthly special for the members or members promotion.  That just said to me that they make my $20 up front and whether I come back or not to redeem the responsibility is on me.  

As I mentioned earlier, the next bubble tea place is where you can throw a stone, why would I bother to put down $20 if there are no obvious perks?  If I don't like this place, there are 10 others in the same shopping center waiting for me to try.  If it's not a dessert, bakery, tea, specialty place, they have it even in the bakeries and restaurants.  I think that plan wasn't well thought thru.  Anyway, love the art, cute and cozy decor, but there are others waiting for me to try.

Tea Wish
9896 Bellaire Blvd
Ste C2
Next to H-Mart
Houston, TX 77036
909-578-0888
https://www.teawish.co


No comments: