Thursday, May 23, 2019

Kubo Sushi & Washoku

When we heard the Kubo is making a come back, we were very anxious to see how this rendition will do.
I really miss them in the Rice Village, so their return is a welcomed news.
The decor is simple, clean lines and straight forward.
However, I love these little details.
Started with the Sawara (King Mackerel) Tataki.  Very nice sashimi, yum yum.
Veggies Hoba Miso Yaki which has veggies with miso sauce on top of hoba leaves on top of a fire.
There are lotus, melon, onion, cucumber, mushroom.
"Hassun" Assorted Appetizers which has 7 kinds of appetizers, all chef's choice.  My favorite was the tofu and fish from the mix.
Saw a lot of this on Yelp. This is Unagi Dashimaki Mushi, eel on top of egg omelette.
 Chawan mushi - I love to try different steamed egg.
Seafood Chawanmushi to be precise.  It has uni, mushroom, caviar, and of course, egg.  Nice and warm with a bit of the miso soup.
Eggplant and Duck it was moist but not enough flavor for me.
Going back to what Kubo does best: sushi!  This is an assortment: shrimp, yellowtail, mackerel, salmon, taro, and tuna.  Also tuna roll.

I have to say, most of the dishes are definitely unique and you won't find it anywhere else.  That said, the food is fresh and I can appreciate that.  The only thing for me is that the flavor is a bit weak for me, and I like them strong.  Even though that's the case, the sushi is still my favorite out of everything they have.

Service here is top notch, super attentive and they are very friendly and happy to give any recommendation you need.  Their site and their door still said that they're soft opening, so call first to confirm.  That said, a reservation is not really necessary right now, but it's a good idea to have one.

Kubo Sushi & Washoku
1902 Washington Ave
Houston, TX 77007
346-293-9948
https://www.kubos-sushi.net





No comments: