Monday, September 2, 2013

Kata Robata

Now that I'm done with pregnancy, needless to say, the first thing I do is to go back to my sushi ways...
Since I already did the HRW earlier, I felt like we can have proper sushi for once. 
Sunday afternoon, happy hour: Spicy Salmon roll for $5.  We went to town!
Also on happy hour menu: Kobe Beef Taco, they use corn tortilla, which is actually very good with the citrus flavors.
From the left: Amberjack sushi, Tamago (egg), Chopped Scallop.  I only find that amberjack comes easy at Kata, and very few place else.   So, I really don't mind putting up the extra cash to get some yummy amberjack.
This is a new roll that I tried: Rising Sun, which has yellowtail and avocado in the middle, peppercorn tuna on the top, it was flavored with truffle vinaigrette.  I'm addicted to truffle anything, so needless to say this is good no matter what, but the roll itself is very good just with the yellowtail and peppercorn tuna.  I will definitely get this again.

Sunday afternoons are always a good time to go to Kata.  You don't have to get a reservations and definitely get a spot for a good meal.  Quality never  waver just because it's non-prime time.  The service is great no matter what time it is.  Their specials changes as the fish comes available or the chef decided to create something different.  However, if you do go during prime meal time, I highly recommend a reservations even if it's for the sushi bar.

Kata Robata
3600 Kirby Dr. Suite H
Houston, TX 77098
713-526-8858
http://katarobata.com/

No comments: