Tuesday, August 25, 2015

HRW: Radio Milano

Second HRW, we picked Radio Milano
 You can valet at the front and the restaurant does pick up the valet.
 They have a very diverse span across their menu.  
 I got the Lobster Bisque.  It wasn't as creamy as I'd hope but the bell pepper in it, tasted good.  Just because I'm a fan of lobster, I can always use more lobster meat, so not going to complaint about the ratio on that.
 I got the duck with red cabbage and mashed potato, the little chunks are not potatoes, they are turnips.  The duck is delicious, the red wine sauce is delicious.  I'm not very into red cabbage but the sauce, duck and mashed potato is perfection.  I liked that combo very much, tried to politely not to lick the plate.
For dessert, I got the Chocolate Tart, I'm not a fan of the peanut butter ice cream just because I was never a fan anyway, but the mix of ice cream with with the chocolate tart is great together.  The Chocolate Tart is almost a mini version of a molton cake in front of you.  Would be great in the winter time with some coffee.

Where it was once housed Bistro Alex, Radio Milano is doing something different.  Previously Bistro Alex was Americana, Radio Milano is more Italian.  The service is great, we have our server and managers, and hostess all coming by to make sure we're doing ok.  And it wasn't so disruptive where it's annoying, they know to give us our space and it was nice to catch up with my friend.  I think I'd like to go back and try other things on their menu, just to see how it differs.

Radio Milano
800 Sorella Ct
Houston, TX 77024
713-827-3545
http://www.radio-milano.com/

No comments: