Thursday, December 10, 2015

True Food Kitchen

David wanted to try True Food again, since it's been a while.  
We didn't exactly had a a good experience last time, but figured time has past, maybe things changed.  Plus, it's breakfast, how can they screw that up?
Well, in case you can't guess it from my preference... it was not good.   I ordered Sparkling Apple Soda, she waited till our food is practically here to inform me that they're out.  *Scratching head*  I got the two eggs, potato hash and chicken sausage.  The eggs though billed as organic, you really can see the yolk (on sunny side up) that it's not orange enough.  I'm not sure what quality they are.  The potato hash has no taste, so we tried to put a pinch of salt on.  But the shaker does not work... hmm.  While I appreciate that they made the chicken sausage in house, you can tell by the way they pattied them.  But the chicken sausage was too dry, my 2 year old won't even touch it.  I was hoping they find a way to turn people to eat healthier, but they are just reinforcing the problem of eating healthy, and that is if it's good for you it doesn't taste good.  And it doesn't have to be.  There are many food out there that are good for you and done well where it's so delicious, you don't even know you're eating something healthy.  This, to me, is where they failed.

Plus side, our server was super preppy and you need that early in the morning.  So, I appreciated that.  The beautiful decor is there.  And the pluses sort of stopped there.  When our salt shaker wasn't working, there were couple of servers hanging out nearby.  When I tried to get their attention, they were busy chatting, and when I finally did get one of their attention, he almost was hesitant to help, maybe because we're not his table.  But there was a salt shaker right by him.  Well, ended up that one doesn't work either.   On top of the mediocre food, don't think you can get me back there anytime soon.

True Food Kitchen
1700 Post Oak Blvd
Houston, TX 77056
281-605-2505
http://www.truefoodkitchen.com/locations/houston/

No comments: