Friday, May 10, 2013

Pistachio Macarons

Another flavor I did for my friend's wedding was Pistachio.  
If you are lucky, you can get some pistachio meal in the bulk aisle in Central Market.  If not, you can easily grind them up, just have to do a very fine ground.  Alot of people use a coffee grinder to get the job done.
I mixed it with the dry ingredients, to give the shells more flavors.
Mix and mix...
Add the dry stuff with the egg whites.
Piped out nicely...
came out nice and pied... no crack!
The filling has white chocolate and the reminder of the pistachio.  So melt the 3 oz of white chocolate with 1/3 cup of heavy cream.  Add a tsp of melted butter, I added a tablespoon of the pistachio meal, mix it all together.  And chilled it overnight, cover it with saran wrap and make sure the wrap kisses the top of the mixture to avoid skin forming.  I piped it with a star tip and it comes out wavy.

No comments: